19 May 2008

yes, I am a risen senior

So I'm creating a blog. Lets just hope this one works out better. I have no intention saying anything profound. I'm mostly doing this to help friends and family get a glimpse of what is going on in my life. . . and anyone else who really wants to know I suppose. So obviously I am very aware of a small clock that is ticking in my head. 366 days from today, on the 20th of May, 2009 I graduate from seminary. There, I said it. It has been spoken, put into the ether of cyberland. The thought of being done with a process that I've been aiming at since 2002 is more than a little terrifying. I've set up this demarcation in my head about graduating from seminary. Its the big (time-wise) hurrdle in my process to the priesthood (The Episcopal Church- hence being married). So I try not to think about it. But I invariably do.
On a less distressing note, I talked to someone at Seamans Institute today. I'm hoping to do a diaconal project there. Diaconal project? Well its something that you do when your a deacon, that teaches you what it means to be a deacon. After all once a deacon always a deacon ( once a king or queen in Narnia...). Lately though I have been thinking that even if my ordination plans don't work out I might work a bit at the Institute anyway. It sounds pretty awesome, and I will have time.